How do I apply for a US tourist visa from Denmark?

Danish citizens can enter the USA without a visa as part of the Visa Waver program. This means you don’t need to apply for a United States tourist visa when you qualify for an ESTA. An ESTA application takes approximately 20 minutes to apply online and you will receive a response to your application in approximately 25 minutes.

How long can I stay in the US with an ESTA?

Danes who qualify for ESTA and have an approved ESTA can reside in the United States for up to 90 days at a time. An ESTA is valid for up to 2 years or until your passport expires. In theory, you can fly out of the US after 90 days and stay for another 90 days shortly after returning. However, you should be aware that the border guards will most likely be wondering and further asking how you can afford it. You are not allowed to take up work during your ESTA stay in the USA.

Danes are visa-free and can visit the United States without a visa. However, Danes must have an approved and valid ESTA to travel to the United States. An ESTA is the abbreviation for “Electronic System Travel Authorization”. In other words, an electronic travel authorization. You are not allowed to board your flight to the United States if you do not have an approved ESTA.

Who qualifies for an ESTA

As a starting point, all Danish citizens can apply for an ESTA, which is issued on average after around 25 minutes.

You can use an ESTA for tourism or business travel in the United States. If you are on a business trip, it is important to understand that you are not allowed to work in the United States.

You do not qualify for an ESTA if, for example, you cannot answer all “eligibility questions” with “no”. There are a few exceptions, however.

My ESTA was denied, what should I do?

If your ESTA has been denied, you will need to apply for a visa at the US embassy. Further information on applying for a visa can be found here.